3.19.2011

I've got the Greens

{be sure to take a look over at StyleBy.Me were this post is featured!}
_________________________________________


Today is St. Patrick’s Day which honors who other than, St. Patrick, the patron saint of Ireland. St. Patrick’s Day is full of cheesy four leaf clovers and pots of gold that are fun for party favors, not clothes. But what is included (and ok for clothes) is the color green.


Naturally being a May baby (emerald as my birthstone) I love that the color green is associated with the holiday but I don’t think it is worn near enough. It is indeed a bold color and is not seen a lot but when done right, it can be a knock-out.


 Amy Adams rocked a forest green Carolina Herrera gown at the 2010 Golden Globes. The contrast of her hair and the gown was divine. I wore a replica of this dress for my sophomore homecoming dance and was complemented on the color all night!


Angelina Jolie wore b-e-a-utiful emerald drop earrings by Lorraine Schwartz to the 2009 Oscars...they started an epidemic by spreading to celebs like Kelly Ripa and Kyle Richards of the Beverly Hills Housewives.


 I took a trip to Chicago 2 years ago and the river was dyed green in honor of the holiday. 


1 comment:

  1. Give them here right now. Especially that ring. Love you.

    Also, check out my new outfit post if you get a chance (really to cas to even post, byt whatevs)!

    http://www.ashesoflaughter.com/

    xx,

    Erin

    ReplyDelete