1.24.2011

Golden Globes: A New Year, A New Style

{The following is a guest post I did over at StyleBy.Me last Thursday! Be sure to check it out!}

____________________________________________________________


Ahh, award show season. Every fashionista’s dream. Yes, I do like to see who’s nominated and who takes home the gold but what I love is the gowns. This past Sunday was the kick-off with the Golden Globes. Overall, I don’t think it was one of the best the A-list crowd has shown us fashion wise but they do have that little thing called the Oscars coming up to redeem themselves.

There were three looks that really stood out to me that are definitely worth talking about. These three women really took a step out of their personal fashion-boxes (or their stylists did) and succeeded.

The beautiful Anne Hathaway is known for her lady-like glamour with tulle and sparkle. This Armani number sparkled but was definitely tulle-free. She took a break from all the draping, volume and appliqués and went for something sleek and sexy. Although I couldn’t find a picture, the back plunges down right above her derrière and shows a side of Annie we haven’t seen before. Her pale skin and brown hair are to die for up against this pale pink. Bravo Rachel Zoe.

Anne Hathaway in Armani Prive

If you have yet to see Angelina Jolie’s Salt, please do so. It gives a whole new meaning to the phrase “I do my own stunts.” I now have a new found respect for this woman after that movie and the wearing of this gown. Although Angie has stepped out in similar dresses before, never in this bright of a color. This emerald Versace number literally looks made for her as it hits and tucks in all the right places as her hair cascades in soft curls. Brad—you don’t look too bad yourself.

Angelina Jolie in Versace

It’s a mad, mad world especially when January Jones steps out in something like this! As one of my rather new fashion icons, I am hardly disappointed in anything the girl wears and I applaud her for taking that leap into her daring side. Jones is no stranger to red or Versace (wearing the brand to multiple award shows in the past) but the two together!? And with this cut combination!? Love, love, loveee.

P.S. The fringe at the bottom? You are a good woman, Donatella.


January Jones in Versace

No comments:

Post a Comment